The following UGENE package delivery types are available on 64-bit Linux:
- Online installer: updates to new versions are supported
- TAR.GZ archive: does not require Internet connection to be installed
Other packages for older UGENE version are available on the web page http://ugene.net/download-all.html.
Installation using online installer
- Download an archive with the online installer file ("ugeneInstaller_64bit.tar").
- Unpack the archive.
Run the extracted "ugeneInstaller_64bit" executable file.
- Follow the installation wizard.
On a new UGENE version release, a notification will appear with an option to update the package.
Installation using TAR.GZ archive
Download the TAR.GZ archive.
- Unpack the archive - in the Terminal run "tar -xzf archive_file".
From the unpacked folder run "./ugeneui" (here "ui" states for "User Interface"). For example:
On a new UGENE version release, a notification will appear. However, to install the new version, it is required to manually download the package again.