When you open UGENE for the first time, there is an empty UGENE window with the main menu bar. Using these menus you can run many algorithms, configure different settings and get help.
<center> <img src="/wiki/download/attachments/2523429/ugene_main_window.gif"/> </center>
Using these menus you can run many algorithms, configure different settings and get help.
- Creating, editing and annotating of nucleotide and protein sequences
- Creating, editing, aligning of multiple sequence alignments
- Assembling, browsing and analyzing of short reads assemblies
- 3D structure viewer
- Building and visualizing of phylogenetic trees
- Running dozens of algorithms for analyzing
- Importing and exporting data into different bio-formats
- Combining algorithms into custom workﬂows with UGENE Workﬂow Designer
You can select and analyze different files such as sequences, multiple sequence alignments, short reads assemblies and etc. To open a file click on the File-->Open or click on the Open icon and choose the file: